The fourth edition of INFN School of Statistics will be held from 2nd to 7th of June 2019 in Paestum, a city founded by Greeks in Southern Italy around 600 BC, renown for the archeological park with three very well preserved Doric temples, and its archeological museum.The INFN School Of Statistics intends to provide an overview of statistical methods and tools used in particle, astro-particle and nuclear physics and is targeted towards physicists interested in data analysis ranging from PhD students to senior physicists willing to extend their knowledge and skills in the field of statistical methods.
The scientific programme covers a wide range of topics, from an introduction to probability and statistics, to advanced methods for hypothesis testing, interval estimation and tools for discovery, and multivariate analysis, including machine learning with artificial neural networks and deep learning.
Six international experts will give lectures during this edition of the school:
- Glen Cowan, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Sergei Gleyzer, University of Florida
- Eilam Gross, Weizmann Institute of Science
- Mario Pelliccioni, INFN Torino
- Harrison Prosper, Florida State University, Tallahassee
- Aldo Solari, University of Milano-Bicocca
Registrations are open until April 14th.