The lecture programme of the INFN School of Statistics began today, June 3rd 2019 in Paestum, Salerno, Italy.
This edition has close to 100 participants, which is the record number for this series of schools, now at the 4th edition. Many ESRs from the Insights project are in Paestum and will participate in the school.
The programme includes introduction to probability, parameter estimate, hypothesis testing, multivariate analysis and machine learning with hands-on exercise session.
The social programme includes a visit of the greek temples and museum of Paestum, kindly offered by the Archeological Park of Paestum.
Here follows the list of lecturers:
- Glen Cowan, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Sergei Gleyzer, University of Florida
- Eilam Gross, Weizmann Institute of Science
- Mario Pelliccioni, INFN Torino
- Harrison Prosper, Florida State University, Tallahassee
- Aldo Solari, University of Milano-Bicocca